Saturday, September 10, 2016

dear damaged adult me

i'm stuck in hell here.  his brutality.  is maniacal.

nowhere to.  run.  hide.  elude.  evade.

should you survive.  i don't know yet.  the damage.
you will bear.

in your soul.  your body.  your spirit.

i'm terrified.  angry.  hurting.  always.  i am nothing
special.  i take it.  take it.  take it.  take.  it.

i tell myself.  one day.  this will.  be over.
but.  then.  what?

i.  am.  damaged.

ugly.  tired.  helpless.  angry.  ashamed.  afraid.

i dream of.  freedom.  kindness.  gentleness.  love.  peace.
mercy.  joy.  courage.

jesus.

he comforts me.  strengthens me.  reminds me.  he is.
all knowing.  ever present.  all powerful.  i will
cling.  to him.  hope you do too.

i believe.

he knows.  knows all.

No comments:

Post a Comment