Saturday, October 8, 2016

dear broken older me

my heart.  is broken.  my spirit crushed.

my body.  feels wretched.

my soul.  in pieces.

i dread.  being home.  alone.  with him.

i fight.  the fear within.  i berate.  myself.
in my thoughts.  i feel.  foolish.  stupid.
not human.

a broken.  object.

i hold on.  to hope.  that jesus will.  sustain me.
rescue me.  free me.  heal me.

for now i hide.  my pain.  trusting in.  his mercy.

i remember a story.  he met a lady.  at a well.
he told her.  he was living water.  he spoke words.
of life to her.  he loved her.  she knew it.

he knew.  everything.  about her.  his very presence.
changed her life.  that day.

jesus binds up.  the brokenhearted.  because he sees.
he hears.  he feels.  he enters.  our suffering.

i believe.

he knows.  knows all.

No comments:

Post a Comment