Friday, October 21, 2016

dear undomesticated older me

i'm so scared.  wretched.  forsaken.  forlorn.

danger looms.  in every room.

he ties everything.  into abuse.
chores.  school.  hygiene.

cooking.

the kitchen.  i hate.  the kitchen.

his cruelty.  knocks me down.  shuts me up.
tears me apart.

how can home.  ever be.  a safe place?

today i feel.  hollow.  like an empty shell.
uncivilized.  undomesticated.  displaced.

i am certain.  jesus knows.  intimately.  my
tormented soul.  he was treated.  savagely.  by the very ones.
he gives life.  and breath to.

he must know.  the depth of my pain.  my fear.  my despair.
because of him.  your home.  will be different.

because of jesus.  i can endure.  persevere.  survive.

nothing is hidden.  from him.  nothing.

i believe.

he knows.  knows all.

No comments:

Post a Comment